Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, October 7, 2019

Minggu Mantap!

These last two weeks have been luar biasa! On the 24, I got to see the group that I came in with to Indonesia! We all went back to the mission home in Senopati because we had to get some things done for our visas. It was fun seeing and spending some time with them even though it was just for a little bit.

My companion and I did a lot of splits with other elders these last two weeks. I split with Elder Beckstead, Elder Judanto, and Elder Rawlings. I learned a lot of great things from them and really enjoyed doing splits with them. My companion and I have also been working with members more these past two weeks we have been doing the best we can to lift and build their faith. It has been amazing learning more about the people that live here and being able to share this good news with the people of Indonesia.

We also had zone conference on October 2. We have 28 missionaries in our zone. The missionaries in our zone are serving in Jakarta, Tanggerang, and Bekasi. The theme for the zone conference was Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Putting your confidence and Faith in Christ and His Atonement will help strengthen you. I learned the importance of being patient. Our Mission President, President Mackay, shared a story about a man who planted bamboo seeds. He talked about how the man had been doing everything in his power to help the bamboo grow during the course of 5 years and they weren't seeing any growth but then over the course of 6 weeks the bamboo grew over 90 feet. He then went on to explain that during those 5 years the man never stopped doing the things for the bamboo even though he wasn't seeing any growth. During that time the roots were growing and becoming strong and then finally after 5 years he saw the results of all the hard work he put in. As we are patient and do our best we learn and grow and our roots become strong. Even though we might not see the results initially as we trust him and strive to do the best we can each day we will grow and become better. Our trust should be in The Savior and not in outcomes. We will be strengthened as we do these things. 

We have been helping and inviting these  awesome people recently named Michael and Helga. They are married and have a son named Brandon. We have been trying to get them to come to church and it has been hard for them because they have work and other things going on. They came to church with us and it was so amazing seeing the sacrifice that they made to come to Church and their desire to change. They loved it and have a strong desire to follow the Savior's example by being baptized!

We also made a goal to start and finish the Book of Mormon by December 31. I look forward to starting and finishing the Book of Mormon again. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. As we read, ponder, and pray about the things in the Book of Mormon I know that we will receive greater light and knowledge in our lives. It has helped me make better decisions in my life and to know that God truly loves his children and wants us to choose to return to him. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and the support. I hope all is well.

Kasih, 

Elder Östhed







No comments:

Post a Comment