Elder Maxwell has been having some crazy stomach pains. He's getting destroyed from the food here and has been having problems for about 3 months. Every time he eats he says he gets sharp pains! It's bad. Please pray for him. We went to the hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday so he could take some tests and figure out what's wrong with him. He took the tests and the doctors don't know what's wrong, they sent it to the doctors in Hong Kong and they didn't know. After that, they sent it to doctors in Utah and they didn't know either! They gave him some medicine and it's making everything worse! Major confusion right now. We plan on heading to the hospital these next couple days. He will probably need to take some more tests. We are so pumped for that.
On our way home from the hospital we took the bus and started talking to the people around us. A person next to me was asking me a lot of questions. I told him our purpose and how long I've been here and so on. After I told him I had been In Indonesia for 2 months. He said "That's impossible! What organization are you from? I am going to do some research about your organization!" The Gift of Tongues is real. I told him that we were volunteers for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints... He then asked me about some of our beliefs and I shared our beliefs with him. After I introduced the Book of Mormon he said "ohhhh you're mormon, I know everything about your church and don't want anything to do with you. I got a theology degree..." I addressed his concerns about our Church and he said he wanted to do some more research and study on his own and get back to us. I gave him our website. He said he would look into it. His name was Jim. Once he got off the bus I looked to my left and saw Henry standing next to me. We met Henry a week prior and gave him a Book of Mormon. He was responding to our text from like 2 days before that hahaha. It was so cool seeing him again and we plan on meeting with him this week.
Later in the week, I had an opportunity to split with Elder Rusmandoko. He's from Malang and has been out for 1 year and 7 months. We met a lot of great people and took part in some service opportunities it was a lot of fun. We also saw many of our friends at the english discussion group. After the english discussion group, 2 of our friends wanted to interview bule (foreigner). It was really funny and we had a good time. After we had Malam Keluarga. Many people that came for the first time shared their thoughts and feelings about our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. It was a neat experience.
Throughout this week, we talked with many about this "good news" and got to share a lot about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. I love hearing about their experiences that they have and the things that they learn from reading, pondering, and praying. It's awesome seeing their desire and countenance change when they are influenced by the Holy Spirit and feel God's love for them. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration.
We also shared some spirtitual thoughts with families this week and on Saturday, we went to this restaurant called Pagi Sore. Pagi Sore had the best tasting food I've had in Indonesia. We walked in there and the father yells "5 people..." immediately the people working there came running towards us and got us a table. We went to go wash our hands and then we came back and all the food was already laid out on the table ready for us to eat. We were shocked. It was impressive haha. It was really really good. They had a 6 year old boy named Jason in their family that could speak better english than Indonesian it was insane!
Some of our friends came to church and loved it. We also had the primary program this week. It was awesome hearing from the youth in our ward and seeing all the people that came. I love this Gospel and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to direct all my efforts and focus to doing His will and serving the people of Indonesia.
Suka ayat ini
James 1:5-8
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Kasih,
Elder Östhed
1 Pagi Sore
2 ikan
3 "please don't pee here" on our way to church.
4 view from Rumah Sakit
5 Rumah Sakit (hospital) squad
6 Man named Muhamed Sefi wanted a pic after I talked with Lim :)
No comments:
Post a Comment