To start off the week we had splits with the Zone Leaders. We went to their house in the southern part of Jakarta. We had a great lesson and I learned a lot from Elder Montoya. Later this week, I also had an opportunity to split with Elder Aposhian. He is new 5 weeks. It was fun splitting with someone that is also new. We worked hard and also had the opportunity to teach many people which was sweet.
On Wednesday Elder Maxwell and I had an amazing day. We had a lesson with Jonathon (The person I met forever ago on the bus). We had an amazing lesson. He read a lot from the Book of Mormon and had even started marking the scriptures and taking notes. During our lesson with him, he was writing things down and was engaged. It was awesome! He has a strong desire to learn more about truth and wants to experience the blessings that come from living the principles of the gospel. I am excited to see and hear about the experiences that he has as he continues to read, ponder, pray and follow the teachings found in the Book of Mormon. We then got lunch and I saw an otter haha! After that, we taught Alexis. She asked us for a Book of Mormon after malam keluarga and has been to the English class several times so we were super excited when she told us that she wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon. We had a great lesson and after our lesson, we were heading back to the busway. Once we got to the busway we were still talking to Alexis. I felt like I should talk to this man on the other side of the busway. I went up to him and I started talking to him. He asked me what I'm doing here and he said that he wants to learn more about Christ and wants to return to Him. The more we started talking the more I realized that he has been through a lot of hard things in his life. He told me that he feels distant from our Savior and has been praying to receive peace and have his burdens lifted. I am glad that I was able to listen to him and comfort him during this time. He told me that when I started talking to him he felt at peace and that he knew that it was God's hand. I am so thankful that I could help him and be an answer to his prayer. After we all got off the bus, Elder Maxwell and I had to go on another bus to get home. We got on the next bus for about 2 more minutes to get to the next bus stop by our house. I sat down next to this old man. We started talking and he then asked for a Book of Mormon. He asked me when I was free so we could meet again. It was awesome! When we got off the bus I was telling Elder Maxwell what had just happened and a woman was walking pretty close behind us. I could tell that she was listening in to our conversation so I turned and I later found out that she was from the same church as that old man and that she wants to learn more about Christ.
On Thursday many people in Indonesia gathered in Jakarta to hear from Elder Christofferson, his wife, and President Nelson, and his wife Wendy. It was so amazing hearing from them and feeling The Spirit. I learned so many things that I plan on applying throughout my life. It was a neat experience and something I will never forget.
We also got a call on Saturday letting us know that we will be transferred to another house 1 week before the transfer ends. So we moved into the house in a place called Senopati with the APs on Sunday. The transfer ends in 1 week! We will see where we all get assigned to serve next week.
Thank you for all the support and love. I hope all is well :)
Suka ayat ini:
Joshua 1:9
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Kasih,
Elder Östhed
Nasi Padang
Thursday devotional with President Nelson
Last time walking home on the Jembatan Merah bridge
Pic of Jakarta
Pic of Jakarta
Pic of Jakarta
7 Otter eating a living fish haha
No comments:
Post a Comment