This week was a great week full of many miracles. We had splits and Elder Ritchie and I had an amazing last week together in Medan. Transfer calls were yesterday and a lot of new things will be happening which will be great serving opportunities for all of us. It turns out that Elder Ritchie will be moving to a city called Surabaya and will be serving as the Zone Leader there! I will be staying in Medan and I will be serving as the District Leader here and will be training someone at the same time! I am excited about this opportunity and I know that this next transfer is going to be awesome in Medan!!
To sum up this week Elder Ritchie and I taught 15 people! A lady through the mud at us and kicked our bikes because we wouldn't give her money so she could smoke haha. We had the most people we have ever had for our English discussion group. 30+ people! Elder Ritchie and I did splits with Elder Vanduren and Elder Schmitt. I experienced many miracles while talking with others and saw God's hand leading us with this amazing work. Many new of our investigators came to church yesterday and Sister Halawa got confirmed. So happy for her and her willingness to follow the example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
While I was serving with Elder Schmitt we had a cool experience at lunch. We had went to a classic place for lunch that we call Nias. We had ordered our food and we were heading to the 2nd room with open tables Elder Schmitt had entered the second room and right before I was about to go into the room a pak called me over and asked if we could join him for lunch. We then joined him for some delicious Indonesian food. We got talking and he told us that he met with missionaries 10 years ago! He told us that he loves reading the Book of Mormon and that he believes it is the word of God. He said that I know that God led you 2 to me. We had a good discussion and we plan on meeting him again!
Now to the Lady that was very interesting. Elder Ritchie and I were on our way to Gramedia to get some more supplies and on our way there, I say a lady on my left screaming across the road for this rich Chinese guy to give her money. We continued biking and about 5 minutes later we got to Gramedia. We had tied our bikes to a tree outside of Gramedia and when we had got everything we planned on getting. We headed back to our bikes and saw a lady sitting next to our bikes. I realized it was the same lady earlier and I knew that we were going to have an interesting conversation haha. We got to our bikes and she immediately asked for 2,000 so she could buy some cigarettes. She said we had to pay her before we opened our bikes lol! We then started opening the lock and she grabs the lock, hit us, and starts kicking the bikes. While this was going on we were able to unlock our bikes and get away haha. We started walking our bikes away from her and she grabbed some dirt on the road and threw some dirt at us twice. She had a pretty good aim. She hit us both in the face! I was shocked that she hit us spot-on while we were on the move haha.
We are seeing progression with the work here in Medan and it's exciting. I know that this Gospel is true with all my heart. The Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He saw our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He was called of God and through him, Jesus Christ's church stands on the earth today. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us perfectly. They are aware of us and know us personally. I know that the power of prayer is real and that our loving Heavenly Father answers sincere prayers. I am so thankful for this knowledge and I know that through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can have joy in this life and in the life to come.
Have an amazing week! I love you all :)
Kasih,
Elder Östhed
No comments:
Post a Comment